Wednesday 29 May 2013

New QSL Cards

I much prefer paper QSL cards to the electronic options that are available today. I suspect this goes back to when I was a short wave listener in the 1970's and the thrill of receiving a QSL card through the post from some exotic, far away country. These were the days prior to the Internet !

I have almost used up my last set of cards so decided to order a new batch a couple of weeks ago. I change the photo and design of the card each time I get a new set and always use a photo that I have taken. I received a parcel in the post this morning containing 1000 of my new cards. The following is the front of the card.


The photo is one of the Hovercraft used by Hovertravel between Southsea in Portsmouth and Ryde on the Isle of Wight. The photo was taken at Ryde showing the hovercraft starting back on the journey to Southsea.

I understand that this is the only scheduled passenger hovercraft service in Europe.


No comments: